Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Autumn's here!

 Happy autumn everyone!

I'm so super psyched that autumn (or fall, whatever you want to call it) is here! Granted, the weather has been rather hot during the last couple of days, but I know that in the next few days, I'm going to be donning scarves, chunky sweaters and beanies and that thrills me. Is it obvious that fall is my favourite time of the year? It's not too hot that I'm a sweaty mess, and it's not so cold that I'll drown in all the layers to keep myself warm, so autumn/fall to me is just perfect!

 As everyone knows, fall/autumn is sweater weather and I'm pumped to be wearing them again - I can't count the number of sweaters I own, which goes to show how crazy I can get during the season. Quirky printed sweaters, classic plain ones and casual sweaters for layering? I'm all over them. Here are a couple of ones that for sure I will be wearing in the next few days...

 And how could I forget boots? My boot collection does largely consist of black ankle boots - in fact, all my boots are black (I prefer to add colour to my outfits with my accessories or tops). I have yet to find a good pair of dark brown ones that are both comfy and affordable. 

 Now, another reason for why I love autumn? PUMPKIN SCENTED AND FLAVOURED ANYTHING!!! Pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, pumpkin spice donut from Tim's, pumpkin pies in general? LOVE IT! And the moment I spotted these Pumpkin Latte and Marshmallow scented body products over at Bath & Body Works, I literally squealed and ran over to get my hands on them. No joke. Last year they came out with the Scarlet Pumpkin scent and I'm gutted I didn't stock up on that, so this year I'm prepared. They've also got a whole range of other pumpkin scented stuff (like the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles hand cream on the far right) so there's something for everybody. 

In terms of beauty? It's time to whip out all the dark coloured, vampy colours - purples, reds, browns and bordering on black lipsticks! Now, I haven't exactly mustered up the courage to rock the uber dark lip colours (think MAC's Cyber or Film Noir) but I'm getting there. For now, I'm excited to rock my dark reds and plums! Are you?

Oh, and another reason why I love this time of the year? All the TV shows are back on! I can't wait to get my Grey's Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory, Glee and Once Upon A Time fixes! Granted, I can only watch them when I have the time, but nevertheless it excites me knowing that I get to see more of my favourite characters! And oh, there's a new series premiering on Sep. 25 called How to Get Away with Murder with Viola Davis that I can't wait to see!

Are you excited for autumn/fall? I definitely can't wait to discover what else the season has to offer. 
Happy discovering!


No comments:

Post a Comment