Sunday, 25 January 2015

January Faves!

Woo! First monthly faves post of 2015! Let's do this! Surprisingly enough, there weren't that many new discoveries this month and instead I've re-discovered some old loves. 

For my base, I've really been loving the Clinique stay-matte oil-free foundation and my oh my, why did it take me so long to discover this? It's super light weight but it's got great coverage! A little goes a long way with this baby, and it stays put all day. If like me you've got combination skin that's acne prone, try this one out!

To add a bit of colour to my cheeks, I've been reaching for the STILA custom colour blush in sheer coral. This blush actually works with your skin tone (something to do with the pH and all that) to "create the perfect colour" that matches you. I'd always been quite cautious of applying blush cause I'm terrified of putting on too much, but this one takes all the worry away. Just apply and blend a little, and let the magic of this blush do all the work.

For eyes, I've fallen back in love with the Naked palette (the first one) that's got all the warm neutral colours that works wonders for all skin tones I think. As a quick everyday look, I like to put the Naked eyeshadow all over the lid and Buck in the crease, using the eyeshadow brush from Flower and blending it out with the Sonia Kashuk blending brush. If I want to add more depth, I apply a tad bit of Darkhorse to the outer-v, and voila! Done. Easy peasy. Eyeliner wise, I've been using the Anastasia eyeliner in Gilded if I can't be bothered to do the whole fluidline and brush thing. It's super easy to apply, so it's great if I'm running late!

To complete the eye-look, you can't forget mascara, and I've really been liking the Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara. It definitely makes my eyelashes look extra wispy and lengthened, though not as volumized as I like. So for the times where I want the extra oomph (and I have the time), I've been using the Ardell fake lashes in 105. I'd never applied fake lashes before, but these are super easy to use! And plus, they look quite natural, so it's perfect for everyday. Not too over the top POW! but it definitely makes your eyes pop. 

For lips, I've been on a whole red/mauve kick, so this month's round-up includes the Revlon lip butter in Sugar Plum (a nude-type mauve), the NYX lipstick in Thalia (a dark nude), MAC's matte lipstick in Stunner (deep blue-red, from the Nasty Gal collection) and MAC lustre lipstick in 5-Alarm (a sheer pink-red, from the Red Red Red collection).

My other favourites include the Bvlagri Jasmin Noir perfume (I've finally brought my big bottle back from the Philippines, woop!), the boscia luminizing black mask (the mini I've got has run out, and boy, did I rush out to buy myself the full-size bottle), the boscia clear complexion willow bark spot treatment and The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture cream (if you remember, I wrote about this one in my long-haul travel kit and since then I've bought the full size tub) which, as it says on the label, is super moisturizing. A little goes a long way with this (the mini one lasted a little over a month!) so it's super worth every penny.

For nails, I loved the Sephora Formula X polish in Wunderkind, and the Deborah Lippman mini polishes in Luftballoons (the multi-colour glitters) and Ya Got Trouble (a copper-burgundy metallic blend).

As for my non-beauty faves...

I've been using the Forever 21 faux-crocodile skin purse so much, and I'm in love. It may look small but you can fit so much in there! Love love love it! I've also been loving this scarf that's got Filipino sentences written all over it (Filipino pride yo!), this Nescafe Cappuccino sachets I brought over from the Philippines, and this Hot Buttered Rum candle from Bath and Body Works. 

And oh, how could I forget this yogi berry tea from David's Tea? The minute I walked into the shop along Bank and Third, I smelt it and knew I needed it. It's super fruity, and tastes amazing either hot or iced. And with a little milk too. If you love fruity flavoured teas, do check this one out! 

As for my jam? Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud. I know, I know, it's been out for a while now and yes, I listened to it then but I don't know - I wasn't crazy about it. Now I'm just really, really in love with it. Maybe it's cause I've had to listen to it on the radio so much and finally know what the lyrics are, who knows? And besides, the video is pretty kickass, so you know, if you haven't seen it yet, check it out (click the video above!) 

What have been your favourite discoveries (or re-discoveries) this first month of 2015?
Happy discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment