Saturday, 10 January 2015

Project Life

 Something I've really been into in the past is scrapbooking, and this year I wanted to really commit to it. I've made countless of ones from four-five years ago and only a few of them have really come out good, or completed! And because I've been on this "need to make my life better" kick for 2015, I've decided to sort-of document both the highlights and little things that make this year. What better way to do it than through Project Life?

Project Life is a simple scrapbooking system founded by Becky Higgins. I see it as a professional photo-album scrapbooking hybrid, cause you can purchase these albums (either 12x12 or 6x8) and the pages (with all sorts of layouts for your photos and creativity). It's also got all kinds of decorations you can purchase (either in store or online) like journaling cards, title cards, fillers and papers. 

I believe it's been around for about five years now, and the products are available in over 3,000 stores across the U.S., Canada and the U.K. (among other countries - you'll have to check out their website to see if their stuff is available in your country, and apart from the digital products, her shop doesn't ship outside of the States sadly). 

I'd heard of Project Life before, and never really looked into it until one faithful day in December when I walked into Michael's and spotted their gorgeous albums. One look at all the other items available, was all I need to know this had to happen. So here we are in 2015, and I'm so doing this. 
I'm pumped!

The scrapbooking albums were actually buy 1 get 1 free, so you know, I grabbed two of the 12x12 ones, a pack of pocket photo pages, a pack of mini paper and a mini kit. I didn't buy a buttload of the decorative pieces or additional scrapbooking stuff from Michael's mainly cause I've got some stickers and washi tapes lying around in my drawer. I'd previously had them for another scrapbooking project that well, never really took off. But now, things are getting serious!

I've dedicated one album to solely 2015 happenings, and the other one I'm planning to fill with photos and memorabilia from 2012-2014. Sort of a 'throwback scrapbook' if you will. 

I'd collected quite a lot of stuff over the past three years that I wanted to use for projects like this - admission tickets, brochures, airplane tickets, polaroids and so on - and they are finally going to have a home instead of the box I keep them all in. As for the bulk of my photos, well, I couldn't really be bothered to use up my own ink (because hello? Super pricey!) so I ended up going on the Shoppers Photo website. Essentially you upload all the photos you want printed, choose what size you want them, and poof! Shoppers prints them for you. Now, they do take about 7-10 days but they will drop them off at whichever Shoppers Drugmart location you prefer. The best part though? It only costs $0.19CAD per 4x6 photo. DAMN. To say I went a bit crazy on which photos I got printed would be in an understatement...

Sure, it's pretty pricey considering I spent over $70CAD on those bad boys, but man... so worth it. The quality is amazing and super sturdy, so you know your photos are going to be protected for hella long time. Investment? I think so!

Have you tried Project Life out yet? If yes, what'd you think? If not, well, you better. 
Happy discovering! 

No comments:

Post a Comment