Friday, 28 November 2014

Black Friday's when the damage is done...

 Oh dear...

In the spirit of Black Friday, I went down to Rideau Centre today and well, I did a little damage. But oh, how could I not? Such awesome deals were going on in seriously every shop (I don't remember it being this awesome last year) and I just got sucked in. Damn. 

I'd been wanting a good, sturdy faux leather jacket for quite a while now, and when better to snag one than Black Friday? I walked into the Aeropostale store and made a bee-line towards this one from the Bethany Mota collection. I'd actually seen this one from my previous trips, but always stayed away from it because, uhm, it was $73. As much as I loved the quilted sleeves, I didn't think it was worth shelling out almost $100. But low and behold, today? I got it for $20. OH EM GEE. BARGAIN. How could I say no? 

My first stop: Sephora. Every year they've got these $12 deals (in the U.S. it's only $10, lucky bums) and this year the range was pretty kickass. I'll be honest, I was trolling the internet for about three days trying to get a sneak peek at what would be in store today! Uber happy I was able to get my hands on the stuff I wanted, and really proud that I didn't purchase anymore make-up (not to say I wasn't tempted)! Hah! I've been really into fragrances and skincare recently, so I snagged up the TOCCA Beaty set (two hand creams and mini rollerballs), boscia pore-purifying duo (mask and blotting paper) and my, absolute favourite, the NEST fragrance mini-rollerball trio!!! Why settle for one fragrance when you can get three?

And instead of the standard paper bags I got this cute tote bag (which was also given out during the VIB/Rouge sale), so all in all, I think I got a pretty good deal. I believe these exclusive babies are still available online, so go snatch them up while you still can!

I also managed to head over to Forever 21 early enough and they were still handing out their little 'Black Friday mystery' scratch cards for a little surprise discount! And as much as I hate to admit it, I took advantage of that damn discount. *sigh*

I didn't just shop for myself and of course I picked up a few bits for my parents. So in some cases, my purchases were justified. Maybe. 

Thank goodness Black Friday only happens once a year, because I swear, I don't think my mind (and feet) could take another round. That being said, Boxing Day is just around the corner...

Did you manage to get any good deals today?


No comments:

Post a Comment