Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Ottawa: ByWard Market Adventures #2

I wasn't kidding when I said that there were more of these posts to come! There's so much to see over at the Byward area that I don't know how long it would take me to discover the whole place given my schedule! But I swear, I will find the time to get down there with my camera and do some more exploring - hopefully before the snow graces us with its presence!


Schnazy ride eh? Perfect ride for the summer times, but perhaps a skip for the coming cold!




One particular weekend, ByWard Market was celebrating Harvest Festival! This was the first I'd attended in the few years I've been here, and man have I been missing out. Even though I only caught the last day, I had such a blast with all the entertainment, food and just mingling with people!

There was a COP = Clown on Patrol roaming around, making balloon animals for little kids! I was so tempted to ask for one but managed to hold myself back... but now I kinda wish I did. Who doesn't want a balloon animal?


They also had horse-drawn carriage rides going on, as well as free Haunted Walk tours!



The main highlight for me would hands-down have to be the Alpine-themed entertainment they had going on! I'd never seen anything like it, and I gotta say, as humourous as I found most of it, it was pretty kickass! Props to them as well for going all out with the costumes! Absolutely gorgeous. You can check out the little Instagram video I took with a few seconds of each of the performances here!




This kid was just too adorable, walking up to these instruments and looking down the holes! My heart melted...

Despite the cold, the entertainment and company was definitely worth it! Granted, this post doesn't quite capture it (I'll be honest, I was mainly down here for work purposes hence the lack of anymore photos) but I promise the next few ones will be better! I'm looking forward to what else ByWard has to offer, especially with the holidays just around the corner! Uber psyched!

In the meantime, 
Happy discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment