Sunday, 30 November 2014

November Faves!

Here we go again with another round of monthly favourites! Prep yourselves, there's quite a lot this month... You've been warned.

Like always, we're starting with face products, and I've been loving my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. Because the weather has been going down to the negatives and my face is getting quite dry, this foundation has been working wonders! It's lightweight and buildable, which definitely helps to hide a few of my facial sins here and there. In all honesty, a little bit goes a long way with this foundation hence, the price is pretty worth it. I've been finishing that off with the Maybelline FIT face powder that I have fallen in love with once again - not to say that it has dethroned my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. To add a nice flush of colour, I've been reaching for my MAC blush in Ocean City from the Proenza Schouler collection last spring. Let's just take a moment to look at how pretty that ombre effect it has... *drool*...

 For eyes I've been keeping it quite neutral most days with MAC's Woodwinked and Brun, and completing the look with my MAC fluidline in Dark Majesty. I never saw myself as one to wear black liner cause I love my browns, but Dark Majesty is just so beautiful, I couldn't not. It's part of MAC's new Heirloom collection (which is definitely worth checking out!) and it's this shimmery, grey-black that is gorgeous! The shimmer isn't so in-your-face, so it's still workable for everyday looks.

My absolute favourite discovery would have to be the Flower Zoom to Ultimate Mascara! I gotta say, this mascara has dethroned the Covergirl Clump Crusher for me. I love how you can actually twist the wand to make it thicker, so it's very versatile in terms of the lash looks you prefer.

Because I have been rocking the nude eye look lately, I've been adding colour with my lipstick choices! This month I've loved MAC's Heavenly Hybrid (a bright purple, LE from the Fantasy of Flowers collection), NARS Scarlet Empress (a dark, blue-red that on occasion pulls a bit purple), MAC's Frank N Furter (deep berry, LE from the RHPS collection) and MAC's Pander Me (a dark peachy nude with a matte finish). 

What did I say? I promised I would get out of that red-phase I went through with last month's lippie faves, and I must say, I almost did a good job! You can't blame me - it's the season of dark lips! 

With nails I've been loving the pinky/mauve nudes, and I've been trying out the new L'Oreal Collection Privee lacquers in Liya's Nude and Julianne's Nude. And of course, because a little sparkle never hurt anyone, I've been loving MAC's Just Jewels (from the Heirloom collection). If you can get your hands on Just Jewels, I suggest you get it NOW! It's got the perfect amount of shimmer without being too overly girly, and I swear, it looks good on everyone (well, based on all the photos on Instagram I've seen!)

 Now, I've saved the best for last. The Mask of Magnaminty face/body mask from Lush! This has been a lifesaver! How I had gone on with my life without it, I don't know. But I'm so glad I've got it now. Thank you to the sales assistant who suggested this baby to me! As the name suggests, it is minty so it definitely has that tingly and cooling feel whenever I put it on my face. It's got honey, vanilla and aduki beans (for exfoliating) as well so it's the perfect way to deep cleanse your face without breaking the bank (a small tub is about $13, and a little bit goes a long way!). I've tried so many other face masks and I gotta say, this is the BEST one I've come across. I've been using it once a week, and as sad as it sounds, it's something I look forward to. Update: I've been using it three times a week now because it's just so darn amazing! It's so soothing and refreshing, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a pick-me-up every week.

I did purchase the self-preserving one, meaning that I don't have to store it in the fridge to keep it fresh - I believe the ones that aren't self-preserving only last a week or so, so if you want to get your money's worth, definitely go for this one

My non-beauty faves!

 Candles don't count as beauty right? I mean, I've seen a few people here and there place them under that category, but whatever. I've been loving this Spiced Cider 3-wick candle from Bath and Body Works. I've never been one to like apple scents, but this one just smells heavenly! I've actually had this candle for about a year now and just never got round to burning it until now. Not sure if it's available this season, and if not, they need to bring it back soon!

 On my lazy days, you can find me wearing these Old Navy thermal leggings which I think are the comfiest things ever! I bought these two last year, and GOD, I love them. Not only do they keep your legs warm but the print is so cute, how could you resist? I'm definitely hoping to get another pair or two sometime soon - that is how much I love them. If I had the guts to wear these out, I would cause I could live in these. No joke.

As for munchies? Tim Horton's pretzel bagel FTW! Anytime I walk into a Tim's, I gotta get this. If like me, you love pretzels, you HAVE TO TRY this out if you haven't already. I like mine with plain cream cheese (and of course, a dark roast double double) and mhmm... hunger satisfied. So so good! If you've got a Tims anywhere near you, go have one! Such a treat... 

Now, I've always been a fan of the Jonas Brothers (I admittedly did enjoy watching Camp Rock and Camp Rock: Final Jam), so no surprise that Nick Jonas' Jealous is another thing I've been loving this month. It's constantly been on repeat, and yes, part of my morning playlist. The beat is just so darn catchy and his voice? Me oh my, shmexy! Other beats I've been listening to from his self-titled album are Numb (ft. Angel Haze) [which yes, is pretty similar to Katy Perry's Dark Horse, I KNOW] and Avalanche (ft. Demi Lovato) - shocker! - but Jealous has to be hands down my favourite. And if you haven't heard the gospel version of this single yet, you MUST. 

What have been your favourite discoveries this month?
Happy discovering!


No comments:

Post a Comment