Saturday, 7 March 2015

SkinnyMint Detox Teas

So you know how one of my goals for this year was to be a little healthier? Well, I was trolling around my Facebook news feed last month when I stumbled upon SkinnyMint and decided to take the plunge and try out their 28 Day Teatox regimen. And dare I say, it has changed my daily routine. I've always been skeptical of detox programs such as this, what with all the ones available in the market with only about half of them being legit, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and try this out. 

The SkinnyMint Teatox is basically what it is called - a detoxing program with a 2 step routine. You've got your Morning Boost tea for the morning, and the Night Cleanse tea for the evening, and you can choose between taking the 14 Day Teatox or 28 Day one.  The way it works is that you dink the Morning Boost every day for 28 days (or 14, depending on whichever you choose) and you take the Night Cleanse tea every other night. Basically on Day 1 you have just the Morning Boost, then Day 2 you take both teas, and so on.

Shipping is free, which is a complete bonus, and surprisingly pretty quick! The ETAs do vary depending on where you are though, but I'm still impressed. They weren't kidding about express shipping. The teas actually ship from Singapore (which is where SkinnyMint is located) and in less than a week, my teas had arrived - all the way here in Ottawa, Canada. That's pretty darn good!

Both teas have natural ingredients in them - the Morning Boost tea has got nettle leaves, yerba matte (to boost metabolism supposedly), dandelion, guarana and hints of grapefruit, strawberry and pineapple, while the Night Cleanse has lemongrass, orange leaves, senna leaves, licorice root and hints of peppermint, psylium husk (whut?) and hawthorn berry. Nevertheless, these teas taste pretty good! It did take a while for me to adjust to the taste of the Morning Boost, but now I've come to like it. The Morning Boost tea does have caffeine in it, so its perfect for those who need their dose in the morning - like me!

They do suggest that these teas should be taken as part of a balanced diet and exercise routine, so you know, to get the full experience I did as recommended. Thumbs up for my attempt at being healthier please?


As for my experience? Funnily enough, because I have refrained from drinking coffee during this teatox, I've become even more accustomed to just drinking more tea instead of coffee. As in, after finishing my 28 day program, I had a cup of coffee and just felt so uneasy and jittery the whole day. Not a good thing when you've got a full day of radio journalism going on. But you know, that doesn't mean I won't be going for my occasional Starbucks coffee fix every now and then. I haven't completely converted to being a full-fledged tea drinker.

As for the Night Cleanse, well, because it does act as a gentle laxative, the first week had me running to the bathroom the morning after drinking it. I'm being honest here, to give you guys a full review. It wasn't anything extreme, but there was definitely a substantial amount of body flushing for a while which goes to show the amount of junk I've had in my body. *cringe* Anyway, it doesn't go on like that for the rest of the program, so rest assured you don't have to be close to a bathroom all the time. Just you know, be wary for the first few days.

Overall, I have seen quite a substantial change in the 28 Days I took these teas. I have noticed some significant improvements in my digestion (gross, I know, I'm sorry but that's a good thing no?), a reduction in cramping and bloating and dare I say, more energy in the morning. I'm not as sloth like as I used to be, and I'm pretty happy about that. Whether it was due to the teas or the change in lifestyle, or a combination of both, I don't know. But I'm liking this change. I'd definitely recommend this teatox program to anyone who was looking to put their foot in the door and slowly change to a healthier routine.

For the price, I would definitely say it was worth it. You can check out all their teas and bundles over at their website.

SkinnyMint does recommend that you take about a 4-6 week break in between your teatoxes, so here's to waiting about a month before I try it out again!

Happy discovering!

1 comment:

  1. A very good and informative article indeed.Yours blog inspire many people to use tea as a weight loss remedies. I have seen many people that are using skinny tea detox and really help them in lose their extra fat.

    ReplyDelete