About a month before Benefit Cosmetics released their Roller Lash mascara, Sephora was giving out mini samples of it as part of their 100 point perk Beauty Inside program (or for free with a code online I believe), and being the beauty junkie I am, I jumped in to the opportunity to try out a new mascara.
Using the words of Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter, I am an absolute "mascara whore", and I've never really had any loyalty to a mascara. Granted, I do have ones that I love and reach for all the time, but I'm always on the hunt for something new. I have a pretty pathetic excuse for eyelashes in that they're pretty thin, stick-like and just not all that nice to look at. I've got friends, some of which are guys mind you, who have the perfect set of eyelashes and I envy them so. So you know, my constant change in mascara favourites is totally justified. Somewhat anyway.
So Benefit's marketing this mascara as a "roller for lashes" in that it's inspired by hair rollers and its "Hook N' Roll" brush is designed to catch, lift and curl your lashes. The full-sized product itself looks pretty awesome in terms of packaging as it legitly does resemble hair rollers, but what about quality wise?
I've been using these for about a month now, and I'd definitely say that it stays true to the whole lifting part. My lashes do somewhat look thicker and less stick-like and that thrills me to no end. As someone who likes to wear eyeliner which tends to drown out and hide my eyelashes, anything that makes them stand out more I give a two thumbs up! You can check out my before and after pictures below. In terms of curling, well I wouldn't necessarily say that it curls (I did still have to use eyelash curlers to really give it that oomph I need) but the Roller Lashes mascara really does hold the curl for a long time.
Before:
After:
The verdict? I'm in love with this mascara! From my experience, I think that it does deliver what it says on the packaging, and is everything I want in a mascara - staying power and making my eyelashes look less pathetic! For the price ($29 CAD), I would definitely say it was worth it, and when my mini runs out, I would definitely go out to Sephora and purchase the full-sized product. Love, love, love it!
If you're like me and have incredibly poor lashes, I'd say this could be a potential answer in making you look more awake in the morning and not be too ashamed in having such thin eyelashes. Try them out at the counters if you want before purchasing! I'm not entirely sure if these samples are still available at Sephora, but do give them a go if you're ever in store!
Happy discovering!
Using the words of Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter, I am an absolute "mascara whore", and I've never really had any loyalty to a mascara. Granted, I do have ones that I love and reach for all the time, but I'm always on the hunt for something new. I have a pretty pathetic excuse for eyelashes in that they're pretty thin, stick-like and just not all that nice to look at. I've got friends, some of which are guys mind you, who have the perfect set of eyelashes and I envy them so. So you know, my constant change in mascara favourites is totally justified. Somewhat anyway.
So Benefit's marketing this mascara as a "roller for lashes" in that it's inspired by hair rollers and its "Hook N' Roll" brush is designed to catch, lift and curl your lashes. The full-sized product itself looks pretty awesome in terms of packaging as it legitly does resemble hair rollers, but what about quality wise?
I've been using these for about a month now, and I'd definitely say that it stays true to the whole lifting part. My lashes do somewhat look thicker and less stick-like and that thrills me to no end. As someone who likes to wear eyeliner which tends to drown out and hide my eyelashes, anything that makes them stand out more I give a two thumbs up! You can check out my before and after pictures below. In terms of curling, well I wouldn't necessarily say that it curls (I did still have to use eyelash curlers to really give it that oomph I need) but the Roller Lashes mascara really does hold the curl for a long time.
Before:
After:
The verdict? I'm in love with this mascara! From my experience, I think that it does deliver what it says on the packaging, and is everything I want in a mascara - staying power and making my eyelashes look less pathetic! For the price ($29 CAD), I would definitely say it was worth it, and when my mini runs out, I would definitely go out to Sephora and purchase the full-sized product. Love, love, love it!
If you're like me and have incredibly poor lashes, I'd say this could be a potential answer in making you look more awake in the morning and not be too ashamed in having such thin eyelashes. Try them out at the counters if you want before purchasing! I'm not entirely sure if these samples are still available at Sephora, but do give them a go if you're ever in store!
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment