Friday, 6 March 2015

TLP Beauty: MAC Cinderella

Alrighty guys, so perhaps the greatest MAC make-up collection to ever come out this quarter of the year graced us with its presence yesterday. Which one am I talking about? Well, none other than the Cinderella collection of course!

I've been waiting for this collection to come out ever since MAC announced they would be releasing a tie-in with the movie, and mann... the long wait has been so worth it! I'm a huge Disney fan - and I know lots of people say this, but you do not understand the deep rooted love I have for Disney. As in, I can't even begin to describe this connection I have with Disney. 

Anyway, all those times I spent trolling Instagram and websites for photos and swatches? They all paid off! I absolutely love the packaging for the products in this collection, and granted I was a bit put off when I first saw photos of it, I've come to love it so much. Can we actually just take some time to talk about this gorgeous packaging please? I mean, a lavendery, baby blue and gold? *sigh* Absolutely beautiful!!! I thought the packaging for the Proenza collection that came out April last year was pretty beautiful, but this one just takes it for the win. To me anyway. 

This collection actually came out online I believe on Feb. 26, and man, tons of pieces sold out fast! I've never been one to shop online so that didn't exactly bother me, but it did have me feel quite anxious about heading out to the MAC counters to get my hands on the ones I wanted. But alas, the day came and I got everything I wanted!

Funny story though, Rideau Centre opens up at 9:30 here in Ottawa. I arrived like five minutes after, and when I went to the MAC store, three things were already sold out. I mean, WTF??? Did they open earlier or something? Not that the ones I wanted were the ones sold out, but come on! 

Alright, ramble over. Let's get to the goodies I got!

The Macroviolet fluidline was actually one of the things at the top of my shopping list. I am an absolute sucker for MAC fluidlines, and I knew I just had to get this one. They did have another one, Little Black Bow I think it was called which was a cool grey, but that didn't tickle my fancy like this one. I know, I know, macroviolet is already part of MAC's permanent collection, but hell, I didn't have it. Let's be honest, it's the packaging that really got me here. It gave me the perfect excuse to finally get it, and I don't regret a thing. 

Macroviolet is pretty much your standard violet gel liner, with a silver sheen. It looks absolutely beautiful swatched, and on the lids? Gorgeous! It can be a bit tricky to apply and you do have to swipe it on your lids a few times to really get the colour, but it looks so pretty! (Swatches below!)

Weirdly enough, they only had one of these at my local MAC store. As in, the moment I said I was going to be taking this one, the lady ran to the back to get it cause she said they only received one. Boy, was I relieved when she came out with this in hand for me! Either way though, it's part of their permanent collection so you can still get it, just you know, without the pretty packaging. 

Next thing on my shopping list? Royal Ball lipstick of course! I have to say, I was seriously debating between getting this one and Free As A Butterfly, but based on the swatches I saw on Instagram and YouTube, this one seemed like the best match for my NC40 skin. And come on, the name itself just screams Cinderella and I knew I had to have it. 

I'm super glad I got my hands on this! Royal Ball is a beautiful silvery, muted pink that when swatched, looks so beautiful. Now, because it is a lustre finish, you do have to swipe quite a bit to really get the colour from the tube, but ugh, so so pretty! I can definitely see myself using this as a somewhat everyday lipstick this spring for those 'no makeup' makeup looks to give me just a hint of colour. 

Alright, so I wasn't exactly planning on purchasing this one, but the lady at the store (who I've completely forgotten the name of, but she's always the one helping me out! Woops!) totally persuaded me. When she swatched the Pretty It Up pigment, I swear, my eyes totally widened at the sight of how beautiful it was (how many times have I said beautiful? geez!). 

The MAC website has this listed as a gold, but on me it seems more like a dirty gold with a bit of a muted green sheen to it. It's definitely an intense pigmented little fella, so I'd definitely reserve this for evening looks. But hey, if you want to rock this everyday, go for it! I can't wait to try this baby out!

And last but certainly not the least, the Mystery Princess Beauty Powder. Obviously, I'm a sucker for packaging and I knew right away I would have to get a compact. Again I was debating between getting this one and the Coupe D' Chic Iridescent powder, but when I swatched the latter one, it just came out as pure glitter. Hence, I went for the beauty powder. 

Mystery Princess is a very light beige with a silver shimmer, and is the perfect highlight, I think. MAC's website says it's a pink beige, but on my skin it definitely pulls more light peach. That suits me just fine! And I know a few reviews have said it to not be pigmented, but I think it's alright. I'm not one to really pack on the highlight, so the colour pay-off from this one is fine for me. I just, urgh, I love it so much!

Swatches [for reference, I'm an NC40] (L-R): Mystery Princess beauty powder, Royal Ball lipstick, Macroviolet fluidline and Pretty It Up pigment.

I know people were also pretty hyped up about the eye glosses that came out with this collection, but personally I wasn't too fussed about them. The Stroke of Midnight eye palette? I would have been all over if I didn't already have three of the shades in it. Which is probably a good thing given the amount of money I spent in just this one trip to MAC! But my god, so worth it! I'm totally in love with the fluidline and pigment, and I can't wait to try them out together in a look!

Hopefully, you guys can still get your hands on this collection because I swear, it's so beautiful. I know a few people weren't too excited for this one, but personally, I'm in love. I do know quite a substantial amount is sold out already online (and heck, the MAC store at Rideau Centre no longer has the display!) but for those who still have the chance of getting it, GO GO GO!!!

You won't regret it!
And if you did manage to grab some goodies, which ones are your favourite?

Happy discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment