A bit of a random post today, but I thought that with my being a bookworm, I felt that there should be something on here that sort of explains the insanity (and sense of euphoria) I go through when it comes to books.
Here's a look into my personal library here in the Philippines! After acquiring quite a bit and stressing over the disorder I found our house in (as in, random books here and there), I decided to spend one whole afternoon sorting through everything and rearranging the whole shelf. I must say, it was one of the best afternoons I've ever had! Lame, I know but that's the life of an introverted bookworm. I'm sure some of you get me, right?
Here's a look into my personal library here in the Philippines! After acquiring quite a bit and stressing over the disorder I found our house in (as in, random books here and there), I decided to spend one whole afternoon sorting through everything and rearranging the whole shelf. I must say, it was one of the best afternoons I've ever had! Lame, I know but that's the life of an introverted bookworm. I'm sure some of you get me, right?
I was definitely quite surprised at the amount of fantasy genre books I'd acquired over the years - five of the shelves here are all dedicated to them! Here's a rough break down - 5 fantasy shelves, 2 for chic-lits and one shelf for my mom's Chicken Soup for the something books and any other miscellaneous titles I didn't want ruined (the top left that I can barely reach).
Within the shelves themselves is actually another organisational system that I am too ashamed to share with anyone, but let's just say every book has it's place. Therefore, I am the only one who touches this bookshelf or else the system I have (insanely) followed will crumble and die. I'm obsessive like that. Sue me.
Teehee, this part of my bookshelf (Yes, I've dubbed it as mine as after all, it holds most of my literary treasures) just thrills me every time I look at it - this I will say, holds my all time favourite books, all of which are actually YA fantasy series. Some of these aren't complete, which pains me, due to various reasons: I've got the ebook version, I've lost track of where I put one of them or the series hasn't finished yet and I am (im)patiently waiting for the next installment. And it's a constant struggle moving things around every time I have something new that I think deserves a spot in this shelf. I know, I know, I sound insane. At least I'm aware of it.
Nevertheless, if you haven't checked out any of these picks out yet, I definitely recommend that you do!
This section right next to my favourite fantasy books holds all my favourite chic-lits. Of course, there's a system here, that I will share - left side holds all the teeny type stories (you know, high school drama-esque stuff) and on the right we've got ones where the characters are in their mid-20s or so (Hah, that sounds mental but heck, that's me).
After sorting through the fantasy genre books I'd acquired, I suddenly realized just how many of them were on vampires. I mean, DAMN! I definitely went through the whole vampire phase. Yes, I did read the whole Twilight series (the last book which I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I placed) after I was gifted the first book for Christmas when I was 14, and I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm not ashamed that I did get hooked for a short while. Getting back to the point, 2/3 of this part of the shelf is all vampire-themed (the left side up until the book Prom Nights From Hell by various authors). Does that make me an expert on the modern day vampire?
Please, someone out there, tell me I'm not alone in this?
Oh God, I sound absolutely mental. I swear, I'm not. Well, only when it comes to books.
Do you recognise any of these titles, or are there any you can recommend me?
Happy discovering!
Do you recognise any of these titles, or are there any you can recommend me?
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment