It's that time of the month again where I show you guys what I have been putting on my face and loving! I do like to switch things up every month, and I have been discovering (and at times rediscovering) quite a few beauty products that I wanted to share.
Because I have been under the Manila heat for quite a time this month, I definitely relied on my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation (wow, that is a pretty long name!) to cover up any facial sins. It actually feels more like a BB cream/tinted moisturizer as it is very light-weight but buildable if you feel like you need more coverage. If you're like me and have quite oily skin during the summer months, I'd definitely recommend you try this one out. I've been pairing that with my MAC Studio Finish concealer and setting with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder (that I featured in a beauty faves post I believe in June).
Other beauty faves have been my EOS lipbalm in the Honeysuckle scent, Stila smudge stick waterproof eyeliner in lionfish (which I think, is the perfect metallic brown colour), MAC lipliner in Kiss Me Quick (from the LE Maleficent collection), MAC blush in Melba and apply lightly with my EcoTools fluffy powder brush, the little sample I got of MAC's Zoom Fast Black Lash mascara and of course, my personalized MAC eyeshadow quad that's got (T-B) Naked Lunch, Smut, Sumptuous Olive and Humid. I realize I have been a little MAC happy this month, but I have just been loving quite a few of their products lately!
Because I have been under the Manila heat for quite a time this month, I definitely relied on my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation (wow, that is a pretty long name!) to cover up any facial sins. It actually feels more like a BB cream/tinted moisturizer as it is very light-weight but buildable if you feel like you need more coverage. If you're like me and have quite oily skin during the summer months, I'd definitely recommend you try this one out. I've been pairing that with my MAC Studio Finish concealer and setting with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder (that I featured in a beauty faves post I believe in June).
Other beauty faves have been my EOS lipbalm in the Honeysuckle scent, Stila smudge stick waterproof eyeliner in lionfish (which I think, is the perfect metallic brown colour), MAC lipliner in Kiss Me Quick (from the LE Maleficent collection), MAC blush in Melba and apply lightly with my EcoTools fluffy powder brush, the little sample I got of MAC's Zoom Fast Black Lash mascara and of course, my personalized MAC eyeshadow quad that's got (T-B) Naked Lunch, Smut, Sumptuous Olive and Humid. I realize I have been a little MAC happy this month, but I have just been loving quite a few of their products lately!
As for lips, I've been loving my nudey/mauvey colours such as Happy Skin's Shut Up & Kiss Me moisturizing lippie in Crushing On You and Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in 107. As for days where I want a little more colour, I've been reaching for either MAC's Red Balloon (from the Playland Collection) or True Love's Kiss (from the Maleficent Collection) that I pair with the Kiss Me Quick liner.
My non-beauty faves:
Goldilocks came out with these Caramel Pusong Mamons recently, and I am in love. If you don't know what mamons are, they're these fluffy, chiffony-type bread treats that aren't too sweet but tasty nonetheless - like a mini cake (but not a cupcake) if you will. I love Goldilocks's regular mamons as it is, so having it with a caramel filling just thrilled me. And I just love how it's heart-shaped. Mhmm... I'll definitely be sneaking some of these babies in my luggage. I'm gutted Ottawa doesn't have a Goldilocks!
French toast has been quite the little indulging treat for me this month, and I've been finding any excuse I can to make these babies. So easy to make, and so, so delicious! I actually think I learned how to make these before I ever learned how to cook eggs! I remember asking my dad to make these when I was little and having them as a midnight snack. Oh, french toast just brings back so many good memories! Is it weird that I've associated food with fond memories? I hope not! I love pairing them with either peanut butter, cookie butter or Nutella, and it's just urgh, food heaven!
My jam for this month is hands down Celine Dion and NeYo's Incredible. I have loved Celine Dion ever since I was like four years old (I distinctly remember belting out My Heart Will Go On, albeit out of tune, when I was little and just embracing my diva mode), and this song absolutely consolidated that love for her - is there anything she can't sing? This pop collaboration with NeYo has been a regular listen in our car, and I doubt I will ever get sick of it. The lyrics, the beat and the harmony between their voices never fails to make me smile. The music video actually reminds me of Katy Perry's Firework, just you know, a little more tamed down and minus the fireworks shooting out of breasts. Please, please give it a listen if you haven't already. Let's share this love.
What have been your favourite discoveries (or rediscoveries) this month? Do share!
Happy discovering!


No comments:
Post a Comment