My mom and I decided to have a good ol' Sunday brunch after mass last week, and she took me to Mesa's branch over at SM North Edsa. Shopping, brunch and quality time con mi mama? Of course I was all in! Mesa is a local restaurant serving modern Filipino dishes, and according to my mom, the food is to die for! I totally agree.
Fell in love with the decor the minute we walked in! I adore all the nature-type pieces they've got around the place, giving it that authentic, native-Filipino with a modern twist vibe.
Mhmm, so many choices! Such a daunting looking menu, and this is only one side of it! You'll definitely get your fill of tasty Filipino cuisine with a twist here at Mesa!
Haha, no it's not the angle that I took the photo in - that's actually how the glasses here are. Pretty cool!
We ordered the boneless crispy hito with green mango salad - although it was somewhat tasty paired with the green mango, we were let down as it wasn't as 'crispy' as it looks. It's as if it was cooked long before it was served as it was a tad bit on the soft and bordering-on-bland side.
And my absolute favourite dish of the day - Laing served 2 ways *squee* One of my all time to-die for Filipino dishes. I could eat this everyday, and not get tired of it. I swear.
Close-up of the original version - which was my personal fave. Paired with the grilled liempo, it was the perfect combination. Absolute heaven!
And of course, the crispy Laing version. In my opinion this was less spicy than the original one, but perhaps that's just me. But very, very good nonetheless. If you get the chance to try it out, what do you think?
I did forget to take a photo of the rice we ordered, not that there was anything really that aesthetically special about it because it is just rice, right? Nothing you're missing out on in that aspect really.
I did forget to take a photo of the rice we ordered, not that there was anything really that aesthetically special about it because it is just rice, right? Nothing you're missing out on in that aspect really.
For dessert, we tried out the Crispy Leche Flan, and I quite like it. It's definitely not the conventional leche flan I know and love, but it is something nice to try out. The flan itself isn't too sweet which is nice, though I do kind of wish the gooey caramel did have more of that nice caramel taste to it. All in all, not bad.
Do check out the rest of their mouthwatering menu here!
Fair warning though, because it has become very popular, the line to get in can get quite long, so I would highly suggest coming early for lunch, or during the non-peak hours. Then again, if you do find yourself having to wait, the food is definitely worth it! And of course, you can always order ahead while you're still in line, so it's not that bad.
I believe that Mesa has about 12 branches nationwide, and so if you're ever in the vicinity of one, I do recommend you check it out to get your fill of Filipino cuisine! Love, love, love this place and it has definitely become one of my all time favourite restaurants. The ambience, food and servers are such a killer package deal, you won't regret a penny (or *ahem* peso) spent. I'm so looking forward to coming back here over the Christmas holidays...
Happy discovering!
Drool, drool, drool....
No comments:
Post a Comment