Happy Halloween!
A few weeks ago I was over at ByWard Market for Farmers Appreciation Week and they had a pumpkin carving demo with artist Mowafak Nema. And man, was I impressed! Sure, I'd seen intricate carvings on the web before, but to actually watch someone carve them out? In a span of two and a half hours, Nema managed to make these pieces all while giving out tips to the audience. Damn. If only I had such a skill.
And when better to post about it than on Halloween, eh?
Nema was merely glancing over at photos and going from there - I mean, skills! That's an artist right there.
How terrifying (and impressive) is that Chuckie pumpkin carving? So frickin' life-like that it's creeping me out just looking at it... Oh no, memories of watching those movies are coming back to me now...
Halloween only comes around once a year, so why not go all out with your pumpkin carvings?
Halloween only comes around once a year, so why not go all out with your pumpkin carvings?
Also spotted these little cuties around the place! Definitely less scary, more child-friendly than the Chuckie face pumpkin. If carvings aren't your things, well then perhaps painting them instead could work?
To celebrate, well, I've got a whole night lined up with these 'horror' movies, while doing a few assignments for class. HAHA! Oh, how I remember trick-or-treating as a little kid with all my friends, dressed as a funky witch. What on earth happened? And funny how I can tolerate watching American Horror Story by myself every week, yet when it comes to Halloween, I wimp out and settle for these cartoons... Anyone else?
So, what's everyone dressing up as? Or are you doing anything exciting tonight, like me?
No comments:
Post a Comment