Woop woop!
With Christmas coming in less than a month, I've tried my best to jazz up my room and get into that holiday spirit! There's only so much a university student can do on residence, so here we go!
First things first - Christmas lights. I had them up all year last year while on residence, but this year I held out just to make the season (and prepping for it) all the more special. I know, I know, it's such a girly, typical thing to do but what can I say? I love the ambience the lights create, and it's the perfect environment for reading and writing! Am I right?
Whether if I'm going to be keeping them up after the holidays, I haven't decided yet.
The latest addition to my window sill - this little Christmas decoration which makes me smile every time! I've had this cute trio since last year when my mom came to visit and brought this from the Philippines. So adorable!
And my latest Christmas-themed purchase - this beautiful paper crane ornament from the Christmas market over at the Canadian Museum of History (formerly the Canadian Museum of Civilization). I'd actually headed over there for my TV reporting class to cover the event and when my friends and I spotted the stall selling these, we just had to buy something. Surprisingly this baby only costed $5 and I was so tempted to buy more! Sadly, I don't have a tree anywhere so it couldn't be justified. My ornament is actually hanging on a lamp on my desk, LOL. The owner, Anne-Claire Boudet, is so friendly, and she's actually got an Etsy shop, so if you want one, head on over there! The rest of her stuff is pretty amazing too so definitely check them out!
Just look at it. I mean, so, so pretty!!!
If you're place is big enough for you to have a tree, kudos to you! I can't wait to get back to the Philippines and see the tree my parents have set up at home! Especially when it's all lighted up at night? Man... I can't wait!
How have you been jazzing your place up for Christmas, and have you found any decorations you are absolutely loving this season?
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment