Saturday, 28 February 2015

TLP Beauty: boscia Multi-masking Medley Face Mask Set

boscia is quickly becoming one of my favourite skincare products, and being the skincare enthusiast I am, I definitely had to try out this Multi-Masking Medley from them. It's basically a pack of face masks with four from their different peel-off mask ranges. I'd already tried out the luminizing black mask before (as shown in my previous monthly favourites post - December or January I believe?) and I could not wait to try out their other ones!

So first things fist, the Luminizing Black Mask. I already knew this one works well for me so I was pretty pleased when this one came with the set. There's enough product to last you three uses (at least for me anyway) given that its pretty opaque already. Fair warning, this face masks looks like tar the minute you get it on your fingers and you definitely can't help but laugh as you slather it all over your face. I know I did. Just make sure to warn anyone you live with you'll be using this product so you don't freak them out the minute you walk out of your bathroom. LOL.

This mask does dry up pretty quick, but they recommend that you keep this on for about 30 minutes. Then again that depends on your skin's sensitivity, so do as you please. Anyway, it's pretty easy to peel of this mask (I suggest moving your face and pulling faces prior to peeling it off to make the process easier and more fun!) but because it does cling pretty tightly to your pores, it can be a tad bit painful pulling it off. No major tugging is needed, but there can be a tendency for little parts staying on your face. Nothing a little water can't fix though. I find that this mask really does make my skin feel smoother and softer, so two massive thumbs up for this one! Definitely recommend this for those ultimate pampering days when you really want to get all the dirt and gunk out of your pores!

The Bright White Mask is pretty similar to the Black one. But the consistency is pretty thick - almost like plaster which freaked me out a bit. Again, it's pretty opaque so it's not difficult to cover your face with this. I'd read a lot of mixed reviews on this particular mask over on Sephora, but I decided to try it out myself.

The verdict? Hate it. It did absolutely nothing for my skin! It just kind of sat there on my face, doing nothing. Zip. Zilch. NOTHING. I completely agree with those reviews that found this to be a disappointing product. It didn't pull of any gunk I had in my face like the black mask, it didn't feel tingly or refreshing at all. It felt like literally putting plaster on my face. Granted that there's probably enough product in the pouch for two more uses, I threw it away immediately. Definitely not surprised why the full bottle of the Bright White Mask retails for half the price compared to the other three. 

Alright, on a more positive note, the Cool Blue Calming Mask was pretty amazing. It does basically what it says on the packaging! It felt so cooling and refreshing the minute I put it on my face! Sadly, the consistency is pretty watery and liquidy, so building this up to make an opaque face mask was pretty hard. In fact, I used up 2/3 of the product that there wasn't enough for another use! The picture on the packaging (the box all these masks come in) is a lie!

But despite that disappointment, I love this mask. My face felt all tingly and cool while the mask was on, and this is probably the easiest peel-off mask to take off. So much so you can keep it intact as you pull it off your face! Compared to the black mask, this didn't get rid of all the dirt, but it did leave my skin feeling much smoother, and the redness on my face wasn't as bad. I'd recommend using this for those days where you just want to have a relaxing night after a full day, or even to use as a nice morning mask to get you feeling all lush and refreshed for the day.

Last but not least, the Green Tea Oil-Control Mask was also pretty kickass. There's enough product to last you about two uses and like the blue mask, it's got that tingly feeling as you put this on your skin. In terms of consistency, it's pretty thick but not as much as the black mask. Again, you may need a bit to really make it an opaque face mask.

I definitely feel as though this green-tea mask is similar to the cool blue mask! I absolutely love the tingly and cooling feeling this mask has, and again, this one is really easy to peel off. I couldn't say that I saw results in terms of oil-control, but then again, there's only enough product for two uses. Perhaps a more long-term try will give me a better overview, cause hell, I've got combination/oily skin so anything that keeps the oil at bay I'm all for. But you know, this one did leave my skin feeling all smooth and nice, and like the cool blue mask, I'd recommend this as an emergency pamper product for those 'meh' days.

All in all, I love this multi-masking medley set! For the price ($23 CAD at Sephora), it's definitely worth every penny, as you can try out boscia's different peel-off mask ranges. There's enough product in each pouch for about 2-3 uses to get a good impression on each product. My favourites would definitely have to be the Luminizing Black Mask and Cool Blue Calming Mask. That Bright White Mask though? Never going near that thing ever again!

So, if you're in the market for a face mask and are wondering which ones to try out, I'd definitely recommend this multi-masking medley from boscia! It's a great chance to try out the brand and see which ones work well for your skin before committing to the full-size products!

Happy discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment