Sunday, 26 October 2014

October Faves!

So, it's that time of the month again where I share with you my favourite discoveries (and re-discoveries) from the past few weeks! How is it already the last week of October? I don't know.

Anywho, I've found myself reaching for my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer once again this month. It was a definite must-have for me during the summer, and I've fallen back in love with it. It's a lightweight formula so it's great if you don't like that cakey feeling foundations can sometimes have. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. I've also been pairing that with my MAC Pro Longwear concealer (another fave from last month and it get's a double feature!) and I've been applying that with the Sonia Kashuk concealer brush. I gotta say, those two products (and a tool) are pretty much all I need, especially when I'm in a mad dash to get to class cause you know, who doesn't like to sleep in for an extra five minutes?

That being said, I've been good with giving myself enough time to finish making myself looking half-decent, so I've also been loving the Passionate Quest quad from MAC. The purple shades are absolutely beautiful for both daytime and nighttime looks - I particularly love Brazenly (the top right shadow in the photo) all over the lid! And because no eye-look is complete without eyeliner, I've been using the Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper. I haven't quite yet mastered the cat flick, but with this, I'd say I'm pretty close to perfect 90% of the time! Once my sample of it runs out, I may just have to get the full sized product. 

Other products I've been reaching for are the Kat Von D Immortal Lash mascara (you can get the mascara and liner set like I did from Sephora here), MAC blush in Gingerly, MAC bronzing powder in Sculpt (in the LE Maleficent packaging that I just adore!) and the NARS lipgloss in Viva. 

As for my favourite lippies this month? It's definitely been a red/burgundy type of month! You can't blame me - after all, it is on trend for the season no? Anywho, I've been loving (t-b) MAC's Fashion Revival (a purple-berry mix with a matte finish), Rimmel's Diva Red (a deep, brick red), Rimmel's Bordeaux (a vampy red colour) and MAC's Darkside (a deep burgundy). 

I'll definitely try to get out of this red-phase I'm currently in! But honestly, you can never go wrong with a nice ol' red lip. 

Other beauty items I've been loving this month are Revlon's nail polishes in Divine (sparkly burgundy, no surprise there!) & Motorcycle Jacket (black), Essie polish in No More Film and the Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Treatment for my hair! Because the weather has been dropping lately, it hasn't been great for my hair and this oil definitely works wonders! It keeps the frizz and dryness at bay, and because you basically just have to spritz it on and comb through, it's foolproof. 

And on those days where I'm feeling quite up to playing around with my hair, I've been loving accessorizing with bows! The ones pictured are from Aeropostale, and I am in love! So girly, but not overly so. 

My non-beauty faves:

Lattes from the Nestle Toll House Cafe, particularly with a caramel shot? Love! This was a fairly recent discovery, and I am hooked! Suddenly heading downtown (it's right in front of the UO by Rideau Centre) has gotten a whole lot more exciting for me. If like me, you are a tad bit addicted to caffeine and love caramel, this is the one to try out. Plus, they have a 10% discount for students, so score!

As for the song that's constantly on repeat in my head? That'd have to be Sarah Paulson's cover of 'Criminal' from American Horror Story: Freakshow! I am just... in love with her voice. It's so sultry and smooth and I could listen to this cover for ages. No lie. I'm definitely hoping she's got more songs coming up in the next few episodes. Oh, and Jessica Lange's cover of Lana Del Ray's 'Gods and Monsters' is pretty kickass too. Definitely pleased with AHS this year - minus the clowns though. It's still a bit of a struggle for me to sit through scenes with Twisty without squirming. Just... no. 

What have been your favourite discoveries this month? And if you're an AHS fan, how are you liking this season?

As always, 
Happy discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment