I can't remember the last time I was in Cambodia - Phnom Penh to be exact. Sure I can sort of remember the hotel we stayed at, but everything else? Kind of hazy. What can I say? That was probably 11 or 12 years ago.
So when my parents told me that they were relocating to Phnom Penh last March, after almost two decades of living in Ho Chi Minh City, I didn't know what to expect. They told me that it didn't look like how it did years ago - I told them it didn't matter as I had no memory of the surroundings.
Alas, here I am, a week and a half into my one month stay. So far? Not disappointed.
Anyone who has been to Ho Chi Minh City can see the similarities between the two places. Motorbikes? Check. Tons of street food situated outside tourist sites? Check. Construction leading to lots of traffic? Scorching heat and now the rainy season? Check and check.
Anyone who has been to Ho Chi Minh City can see the similarities between the two places. Motorbikes? Check. Tons of street food situated outside tourist sites? Check. Construction leading to lots of traffic? Scorching heat and now the rainy season? Check and check.
Sorry, I haven't got as much pictures or anything else to say about the city as I haven't exactly been in touch with my inner tourist yet and gone exploring. Most of these were taking while in the car on a quick tour around town.
But not to worry. I foresee tons of sightseeing in the near future. To compensate though, I have gone food tripping.
So stay tuned for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment