Being a bit of a kikay (Filipino slang for girly, trendy), I couldn't help but have a post that featured a few of my beauty (and non-beauty) favourites that I have loved this month.
Being in quite a hot and sticky environment, I thought for sure that I wouldn't be able to put on any make-up without it melting on my face the minute I stepped out into the heat. But alas, I've discovered the perfect combination of products that works for me, and might for you too.
Just a little breather from all the travel posts I've put up on this blog - and heck, you can even look at this as some of my recommendations in terms of what to bring (and use) while on vacation?
I don't put make-up on everyday, but when I do feel up to it, I love to use my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Sand as my base. It's lightweight and has quite a sheer coverage, which is perfect for all this heat. I'm also loving the Rimmel Stay Matte Face Powder to set my moisturizer. That's essentially my summer face make-up done - quick and easy.
Also pictured above are the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer (for the times that I decide to actually put on eyeshadow), Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara (waterproof!), my Revlon ColorStay eyeliner and MAC lipliner in Staunchly Stylish.
To change up any of my make-up looks (which really depends on my mood), I rotate between my MAC Enjoy It All (Playland Collection, Asia exclusive), MAC Goddess of the Sea (Alluring Aquatic Collection), MAC Naked Bud (Fantasy of Flowers collection) and Revlon Wild Watermelon lipsticks. These four are definitely my current summer picks - a bright purple, dark purple, nude and coral.
I'm also loving my Bourjois cleansing wipes to remove my make-up in a jiffy, and Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck rollerball perfume. And of course, you can't go wrong with the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen for those sightseeing days walking under the sun, and Cream Silk Damage Control hair treatment to keep your hair well moisturized while in the heat.
My non-beauty favourites
My family's been pretty obsessed with the Four in a Row game after my dad downloaded the game on his Android a few days ago. As the title suggests, the objective is to get four of your circles in a row. Pretty old school game, but I'm still loving it. I swear, I could spend hours playing this on my Ipad and not get bored.
It would be so wrong for me to make this post without including my new favourite TV show, The Master's Sun. It's a Korean TV series that I began watching on GMA late last month, and I am completely hooked. It's like a rom-com version of Ghost Whisperer, with the lead character having the ability to see ghosts and help them with their unfinished business. And I will warn you now, a few of the ghosts have creeped me out immensely. But it's got that Korean comedy flair and kilig factor that always keeps you wanting more. And major heartthrobs So Ji-Sub (who plays President Johann Joo/Joo Joong-Won) and Seo In-guk (Jul/Kang Woo) are total bonuses - heck if I was the lead, I'd have the hardest time picking between their characters. My mom and I haven't missed a single episode since stumbling upon this show (thank you YouTube!). I've never been this into a K-drama before, so that's saying something.
It is no secret that I have a GIANT sweet tooth, and last week my mom and I baked these yummy peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips in the centre. I'm a huge fan of anything with peanut butter so this was definitely right up my alley - as well as my dad's! They came out way smaller than I had expected (I'm a noob when it comes to baking cookies) which was bad as it made it much easier to scarf down these tasty babies. Lesson learned.
What were your favourite discoveries in June?
Happy discovering!
Happy discovering!

No comments:
Post a Comment