Just before the rainy season welcomed itself to sunny Phnom Penh, I was able to check out TK Avenue, the city's boutique mall in the Toul Kork (Kok) district, not far from my parents' place. At first glance, it sort of reminded me of a mini version (and I mean mini version) of Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica or The Fort in Taguig City, Philippines (to the Filipino's, you'll know which area I'm talking about).
| Corner of St. 315 & St. 516, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh |
You won't be able to deny the whole western vibe the place gives off. Not that I'm complaining.
We went on a Saturday afternoon, and surprisingly there weren't as many people out as we had expected. That being said, I'd suggest that if you were to check the place out, come by tuk tuk or a taxi as there are very limited parking spaces. Then again, if you've got a driver, then that won't be a problem. Or if luck is on your side (as it was for my dad who drove us there on my second visit), you'll find a parking spot.
Since I was craving some Japanese food, we headed over to Toto Ramen and BBQ, just by the front of the main entrance.
One side of the restaurant is a designated dessert cafe, and I was a bit gutted that I wasn't able to try it out on the same visit. The dessert menu looked so good! Guess I've got an excuse to go back.
Instead of napkins, you've got a mini apron to use which was just too cute!
Sushi! My absolute weakness...
I could finish off all that sushi by myself. No lies. No shame.
(Eh, sorry but I can't exactly remember which ones that I ordered. It's a picture menu though, so I guess that's something? Ehehe...)
Now I can't really say that it's the best sushi I've had in town, as there are various Japanese restaurants in the city, but it is verryy good. Trust me.
If you are as much of a Japanese cuisine enthusiast as I am, I suggest you check Toto Ramen out. The price seems just right, the food great and the staff really friendly. It can take awhile for your food to be served though, so just keep that in mind.
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment