Wahey! It's time for monthly favourites again! This one is going to be a bit over the place, mainly because I was in Canada for half the month, and in the Philippines for the other half. Man, you gotta love Christmas! Am I right?
I've been using my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (in Stromboli) for half the month, and my NARS Tinted Moisturizer (in St. Moritz) for the other. Pretty standard stuff. I've been applying them with the Sephora perfect sponge and I quite like it! If you don't know if sponge applicators are the right tool for you (or you don't want to shell out the money for the beautyblender), I think this is a nice alternative - though, yes, I have been eyeing that beautyblender for quite some time now. Mhmm... To add a little more colour to my cheeks, I've been loving the NARS blush in Almeria (part of their holiday collection) and it is gorgeous! It's a plummy pink that gives a nice flush on my skin and urgh, it's beautiful.
For eyes, I've been using the Maybelline Colour Tattoos in Pomegranate Punk and Chocolate Suede. These two colours just really compliment each other, with that nice deep purple pink all over the lid and dark brown in the crease. I blend them out with the Urban Decay eyeshadow in Buck (I've got it as part of the Naked palette). This combo is so quick to do (you can apply the colour tattoos with just your finger) so if you're ever in a rush, swish these colours on and you're good to go!
Special mention too to the Rimmel Scandalous Eyes Eyeshadow stick in Blackmail (008). For a bolder, smoky look, I've been loving putting Pomegranate Punk all over the lid, and applying Blackmail on top and just blending the two out. It's so pretty! Try it out if you can!
For lips, I've been loving quite the bold colours, with the occassional nude for lazy days. In this round-up I've been reaching for NARS Short Circuit (LE, from the Guy Bourdin Holiday collection last year), L'Oreal Color Riche Collection Exclusive lipsticks in Blake's Pure Red and Laetitia's Pure Red (I swear, they are different!). My nude? MAC's Oh, Oh, Oh from the Archie collection last year. As scary as it looks in the tube, it's absolutely gorgeous on the lips!
Swatches of my fave lippies (L-R): Short Circuit, Oh,Oh,Oh, Blake's Red and Laetitia's Red. How beautiful are they?
I've also been loving the Snow Kissed Berry hand cream from Bath & Body Works (which, oh my, is super moisturizing on my poor hands in this cold winter!), the Urban Decay de-slick make-up setting spray, my mini NEST rollerball in Midnight Fleur, Essie's Toggle to the Top lacquer (cause when else can you wear sparkly red polish?), and Revlon's Copper Penny and Iconic nail polishes - the two polishes combined (you know, nail accents here and there) just look beautiful together! Try it out if you haven't!
And like always, here are my non-beauty faves!
I have got such a sweet tooth that when I found these Chewy Chips Ahoy Ice Cream Creation a.k.a. bit-sized pieces of heaven, my mind exploded with sweetness and joy. It is a struggle to not grab another box anytime I walk into a Walmart or Loblaw's! And my god, the size of them just makes it so easy to gobble them up - so approach these with caution if you spot them. I swear, I need to stay away from these if I intend on sticking to my diet next year...
My absolute favourite discovery this month - Ipuddo Philippines, a ramen place founded in 1985 in Hakata, Japan (you can read my post about it here). The shiromaru motoaji is absolute heaven - the soup, the meat... urgh... *drool* I'm addicted, and Ipuddo has ruined all other ramen places for me. That is how amazing it is. I believe the first international branch opened in New York in 2008, and now they've expanded, with over 70 branches all over the world. And I'm absolutely thrilled my parents took me to the branch over at SM Megamall. If you see a branch anywhere near you, go in, have some ramen and swoon over its amazingness. Damn... I could use some of it right now
Have you made any good discoveries this month? Any suggestions?
Happy discovering!


No comments:
Post a Comment