Because I've been on this 'making up for being so MIA' on here kick, here's another quickie post!
Because I am quite the kikay (girly and somewhat fashion-forward slang in Filipino), I decided to challenge myself last week and come up with different ways to wear my hair everyday for the next week. I'd gotten so used to merely going about my day with literally an 'I woke up like this' hairstyle, that it felt like I needed to change things up a bit. Granted, that did require me waking up a tad bit earlier to get my hair looking more presentable, but it I think it worked out in the end. I pretty much discovered what hairstyles work for me, and what don't. Then again, what do you think? Hopefully this gives you a few ideas on a few looks to try out for the next week!
On a side note, I'm not one to use products like hairspray and mousse when it comes to styling my hair. Besides the occasional de-frizzing spray after I wash my hair and dry shampoo, I don't like using such products. Not that I'm a stickler for using such products, it's just that I like to keep my hair product-free as much as possible. I mean, considering the fact that it's been all bleached, ombred and stuff, I think I've done enough damage, don't you think?
Because I am quite the kikay (girly and somewhat fashion-forward slang in Filipino), I decided to challenge myself last week and come up with different ways to wear my hair everyday for the next week. I'd gotten so used to merely going about my day with literally an 'I woke up like this' hairstyle, that it felt like I needed to change things up a bit. Granted, that did require me waking up a tad bit earlier to get my hair looking more presentable, but it I think it worked out in the end. I pretty much discovered what hairstyles work for me, and what don't. Then again, what do you think? Hopefully this gives you a few ideas on a few looks to try out for the next week!
On a side note, I'm not one to use products like hairspray and mousse when it comes to styling my hair. Besides the occasional de-frizzing spray after I wash my hair and dry shampoo, I don't like using such products. Not that I'm a stickler for using such products, it's just that I like to keep my hair product-free as much as possible. I mean, considering the fact that it's been all bleached, ombred and stuff, I think I've done enough damage, don't you think?
Monday
The classic milk maid braid. Nothing new with this really. I absolutely love this hairstyle, but it is a pain securing my hair with about a million bobby pins. But it's so worth it, and I think this hairstyle looks even better if you're currently rocking the ombre. Then again, I may be a tad bit biased. Lol.
Tuesday
The 'I-can't-be-bothered-to-do-anything-fancy-but-want-to-look-done' look. Essentially throw your hair into a messy bun, secure with a few bobby pins (a whole butt load if you've got thick hair like me) then put on a cute headband for a somewhat retro feel. Apply some eyeliner and a bright lip, and you're good to go. Done and done.
Wednesday
A mini french-braid on one side that merges into one big braid. Is there even a proper name for this? I call this my 'need-to-work-out-and-wash-my-hair-today' hairstyle. No joke. It's super easy to do (no bobby pins required, woop!) and looks pretty chic. It stays put as I go about my day, and keeps the hair at bay while I'm doing my pilates or what not before washing my hair. Hah!
Thursday
So you've probably noticed by now how much I love to rock my braids. This is pretty much the standard french braid on both sides, that wrap around a huge bun at the back. Nothing too fancy, but it sure looks like it.
Friday
I'd seen pictures of this hairdo about a dozen times over on Pinterest, and thought, hey, when better to try it out than this week? And it's pretty darn easy, provided you've got a bigger mirror to work with than I did. Pretty much just separate your hair into three sections, braid each one, then wrap them up in a bun just below your head and secure with bobby pins. This looks definitely looks much better if your bobby pins actually match your hair colour, and you remember to remove any elastics you used (unlike me, darn it). Nonetheless, a very cute and super quick hairstyle to try out! Perfect for a date or a nice girl's night out.
Saturday
Again, this hairstyle was inspired by a couple of photos and tutorials I'd seen over on Pinterest. You pretty much part your hair into two sections, secure with an elastic band, then loop the rest of your hair through. Then so on until you get this sort of fish-braid effect. It's super easy (and man, I suck so bad at explaining how to achieve this look!) and an absolute no fuss. This hairstyle looks super cute and effortless, and what do you know, it really doesn't take that much effort to do. Perfect for a nice day out shopping or chilling with friends. Try it out - though I'd suggest you try using clear elastic bands unless you like that sort of look (like me!)
Sunday
This hairstyle has definitely got to be the trickiest I've tried, mainly cause of all my hair! The look requires you to wrap your hair around a headband for a chic and vintagey updo, but it is harder than it looks! For me anyway. I probably attempted this three times since during each try, my hair kept falling out of the headband before I could even secure it with bobby pins. LOTS OF THEM. Nonetheless, once you've got the updo down, it looks so pretty and girly - perfect for a nice Sunday brunch or day out. I opted to use just a simple bronze headband, but I've seen this look done with floral crowns and bejewelled straps, so try it out with whatever you fancy. Perhaps a bit of hairspray or mousse can help keep the updo looking good and in place if you've got a busy day ahead.
So that's my week done! I had a pretty great time trying out different hairstyles, and as challenging as some of them were for me, I'm super glad I've found what works for me! Try them out and challenge yourself style-wise if you've got the time!
Happy discovering!





No comments:
Post a Comment