February faves time!
There hasn't really been any discoveries for me in the 'base' part of applying my make-up - I'm still reaching for either my Clinique Stay Matte foundation or MAC Studio Fix Fluid depending on my schedule - but I have been using Revlon's Photoready Skinlights face illuminator to brighten up my complexion a little bit more. It has definitely been doing wonders at making sure my face isn't dull looking, but at the same time not to sheeny shiny. I just apply it with my fingers and pat it on my cheekbones, forehead and tad bit on my nose after I put on my foundation, and voila. Done.
I've also really been loving the Cheeky Blush Trio from Make Up For Ever that came out as one of their limited edition sets for the 50 Shades of Gray franchise. The colours absolutely gorgeous and pigmented, and can double as eyeshadows! You can check out the rest of my thoughts about it here, as well as my review on the other sets part of the collection.
For my eye game, I've been reaching for my Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeliner in Lavish (a bronzy, metallic brown), Maybelline's new Lash Sensational mascara and the new Sephora XL eyelash curlers. These curlers are pretty awesome, and don't pinch my eyelids, so that's a plus! And of course, my Naked 3 palette has been my go to this month - what with my associating February with rose and pink toned everything. And I have fallen back in love with it! And as much as I do like the double ended eyeshadow brush it comes with, I've been using my Sephora crease brush (73) to apply and blend, and it is an absolute dream!
I particularly love Limit and Nooner from the Naked 3 palette together, and for a nice pop of colour, Buzz is amazing placed on the center of the lids!
There hasn't really been any discoveries for me in the 'base' part of applying my make-up - I'm still reaching for either my Clinique Stay Matte foundation or MAC Studio Fix Fluid depending on my schedule - but I have been using Revlon's Photoready Skinlights face illuminator to brighten up my complexion a little bit more. It has definitely been doing wonders at making sure my face isn't dull looking, but at the same time not to sheeny shiny. I just apply it with my fingers and pat it on my cheekbones, forehead and tad bit on my nose after I put on my foundation, and voila. Done.
I've also really been loving the Cheeky Blush Trio from Make Up For Ever that came out as one of their limited edition sets for the 50 Shades of Gray franchise. The colours absolutely gorgeous and pigmented, and can double as eyeshadows! You can check out the rest of my thoughts about it here, as well as my review on the other sets part of the collection.
For my eye game, I've been reaching for my Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeliner in Lavish (a bronzy, metallic brown), Maybelline's new Lash Sensational mascara and the new Sephora XL eyelash curlers. These curlers are pretty awesome, and don't pinch my eyelids, so that's a plus! And of course, my Naked 3 palette has been my go to this month - what with my associating February with rose and pink toned everything. And I have fallen back in love with it! And as much as I do like the double ended eyeshadow brush it comes with, I've been using my Sephora crease brush (73) to apply and blend, and it is an absolute dream!
I particularly love Limit and Nooner from the Naked 3 palette together, and for a nice pop of colour, Buzz is amazing placed on the center of the lids!
Here's how they look applied on to the lids (and please don't mind the untamed, undone eyebrows!!!)
Limit all over the lid, Nooner in the crease/outer V, and a bit of Buzz in the center of the lids.
For lips, I've seriously been on a pinky nude kick! Despite it being the season where almost every girl likes to rock a dark, vampy lip, I've been leaning towards the lighter scale with Make Up For Ever's Aqua Rouge waterproof liquid lip colour in the shade 3, MAC's Oxblood (from the Toledo collection), and BITE Beauty's matte cream lip crayon in Gavi. But you know, I can't resist a nice red as well, and I've been loving the NARS matte lip crayon in Cruella. Did I mention by the way that I'm loving matte finishes too? Hah!
Swatches (l-r): MUFE Aqua Rouge lip colour in 3, MAC Oxblood, BITE Beauty's Gavi and NARS Cruella.
Other beauty favourites have been my boscia Clear Complexion toner (which has really, changed my skin's life and I'm so glad to have it!), the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 hair oil to combat the dryness my hair's been facing with all this cold, and my Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede perfume. For nails, I've been loving the Nails Inc polish in Alexa Cashmere (a textured, light pinky mauve) and my Deborah Lippman polish in Ya Got Trouble (a metallic duo chrome bronze).
For non-beauty related favourites, I've really been loving my blanket scarf from ALDO. With the crazy weather getting to me, this baby has been keeping me pretty warm while I'm out, and I love the fact that it's large enough to use as a poncho type scarf when it gets a bitty chilly during my classes. Speaking of keeping warm, I've been loving Davids Tea's Cold 911 tea - perfect for when you've got a sore throat and feel down in the dumps cause of the weather. For sweet pick-me-ups I've also been treating myself to Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from President's Choice (not that I don't like Reese's Pieces, but you know, this was on sale) and burning my Bath & Body Works Butterscotch toffee candle. I promise, these four things are absolute essentials for curling up in bed with a good book every night!
My tune of the month would definitely have to be Neon Jungle's Louder. And my gosh, how have I never heard of them before? This music video came up on my recommendations playlist on YouTube, and my gosh, I'm in love. They're a British girl group that I believe started off on YouTube, and they are pretty kickass! Their single Louder is just amazing - the beat, the lyrics, the melody - just, everything about it I love!! Also go check out Braveheart, Sleepless in London and their cover of Lorde's Royals. Seriously, amazing.
And as a bonus, because let's face it, I can be quite indecisive, my other tune of the month would have to be Nick Jonas's Teacher. While the official lyric video does kind of make me cringe (it's quite sensual and creepy to a certain extent), I still love the beat! It's quite raunchy in its own way, but I can't help dancing to it the minute it comes up on my iPod. Love, love, love me some Nick Jonas. Haha!!!
So that's this month's round up! What have you been excited about this month?
Happy discovering!
So that's this month's round up! What have you been excited about this month?
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment