Greetings!!! Oh my, I seriously cannot believe it is already February. And that summer is so close!!! Haha, I swear, all this snow and freeeeezzzinnngg cold is getting to me, and I don't know how I can survive four or so more supposed weeks of winter. GIVE ME THE HEAT!!!
Anywho, sincere apologies for being MIA here on the blog, but the last three weeks have seriously been a pain for me. My journalism has been giving my butt a good kicking these days. Deadlines, midterms and my apprenticeship had me swamped, and honest to God, I don't know how I managed to meet every single one of my deadlines without having a nervous break down. But thank the heavens that it is now reading week and I can breathe. A little that is. I still have so much to catch up on - especially with this blog!
Check it out! If you don't remember from my last uni life update, I mentioned how this semester has me trying my hand out at radio journalism! And man, it's thrown me in a bit of a loop. Going from TV reporting to radio has me definitely missing being behind the camera. But that's not to say I don't get to have fun. It's pretty cool being able to record all sorts of sound, especially if you're doing phone interviews in the booths. That's probably my favourite part. Editing is still a pain, but hey, that's what you got to do to have great sound qualities no? So much respect for those who do this for a living.
If I'll be going down this route in the future, we'll have to see...
And because I have been venturing out around Ottawa chasing down stories for my radio class, you can definitely expect to see a few posts here on all the places I've gone to! Be sure to check back here if you're interested!
This month also had me going on my week long apprenticeship (or internship, whatever you want to call it) over at MUSE Magazine, the Canadian Museum Association's bi-monthly publication. For any student looking to go to Carleton for journalism, well, heads up - you need to do at least a week's worth of interning to graduate. Yep. Not sure if they've told you that already, but you do.
Damn, that was quite the experience - and in a good way. It totally threw me off how slower the pace was there since I didn't need to have story after story ready to go with a deadline in three hours. No joke. I could take my time in researching and finding the motivation to write a pretty cool piece on the arts and culture field. That was pretty neat. I could write at my own pace and not stress out massively (though let's be real, I had so many things going on at the same time school-wise with midterms coming up that I was indeed, stressing out internally).
Anywho, sincere apologies for being MIA here on the blog, but the last three weeks have seriously been a pain for me. My journalism has been giving my butt a good kicking these days. Deadlines, midterms and my apprenticeship had me swamped, and honest to God, I don't know how I managed to meet every single one of my deadlines without having a nervous break down. But thank the heavens that it is now reading week and I can breathe. A little that is. I still have so much to catch up on - especially with this blog!
Check it out! If you don't remember from my last uni life update, I mentioned how this semester has me trying my hand out at radio journalism! And man, it's thrown me in a bit of a loop. Going from TV reporting to radio has me definitely missing being behind the camera. But that's not to say I don't get to have fun. It's pretty cool being able to record all sorts of sound, especially if you're doing phone interviews in the booths. That's probably my favourite part. Editing is still a pain, but hey, that's what you got to do to have great sound qualities no? So much respect for those who do this for a living.
If I'll be going down this route in the future, we'll have to see...
And because I have been venturing out around Ottawa chasing down stories for my radio class, you can definitely expect to see a few posts here on all the places I've gone to! Be sure to check back here if you're interested!
This month also had me going on my week long apprenticeship (or internship, whatever you want to call it) over at MUSE Magazine, the Canadian Museum Association's bi-monthly publication. For any student looking to go to Carleton for journalism, well, heads up - you need to do at least a week's worth of interning to graduate. Yep. Not sure if they've told you that already, but you do.
Damn, that was quite the experience - and in a good way. It totally threw me off how slower the pace was there since I didn't need to have story after story ready to go with a deadline in three hours. No joke. I could take my time in researching and finding the motivation to write a pretty cool piece on the arts and culture field. That was pretty neat. I could write at my own pace and not stress out massively (though let's be real, I had so many things going on at the same time school-wise with midterms coming up that I was indeed, stressing out internally).
Now, probably the biggest highlight of February for me? MY BIRTHDAY!!! Woop woop! Yes, I am another year older, but not necessarily wiser. Granted, I was pretty bummed I had to celebrate yet again another birthday without my family, but nonetheless, it was pretty great. After all, I did get pretty excited when I saw my birthday mail - as in, physical mail and not messages over Facebook or email. Gosh, birthdays are the best! I'm still quite in denial about being a year older, but hey, it's all good.
Just as an aside, if you're part of the Sephora Beauty Insider program - how awesome is their birthday set this year?!?! Two minis of their lip crayons??? THE BEST!
I totally needed to put this in - my birthday ice cream courtesy of my dear roommate. She had actually placed a whole bunch of orange post-its on my door the morning of my birthday that had me literally laughing out loud. I have such sweet and thoughtful friends haha!
And oh yes, Valentine's day. Yeah well, when you're single and not even the least bit interested given the crazy schedule you've got, it was just a normal Saturday for me. So while couples were enjoying their dates and all that jazz, I stayed home with my chocolates and a Mean Girls-Clueless back to back feature. Where are my fellow single ladies? HAHA! I'm in no way complaining too by the way. I love the single life <3
How've you been for the last two months?
Arianna x
Just as an aside, if you're part of the Sephora Beauty Insider program - how awesome is their birthday set this year?!?! Two minis of their lip crayons??? THE BEST!
I totally needed to put this in - my birthday ice cream courtesy of my dear roommate. She had actually placed a whole bunch of orange post-its on my door the morning of my birthday that had me literally laughing out loud. I have such sweet and thoughtful friends haha!
And oh yes, Valentine's day. Yeah well, when you're single and not even the least bit interested given the crazy schedule you've got, it was just a normal Saturday for me. So while couples were enjoying their dates and all that jazz, I stayed home with my chocolates and a Mean Girls-Clueless back to back feature. Where are my fellow single ladies? HAHA! I'm in no way complaining too by the way. I love the single life <3
How've you been for the last two months?
Arianna x
No comments:
Post a Comment