Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Rediscovering My Love: Old Tunes

Hey guys! So here's just a quick post to yet again fill the blogging void that's been going on here. Again, apologies for being so MIA. 

Anyway, I was going through my drawers a few days ago in an attempt to clean my room up a bit and what did I find? My old iPod Nano (6th generation, I believe) that housed all my songs from like, 6 or so years ago. Yep, that long ago. Curiousity got the best of me, and well, I ended up listening to it all night and got almost nothing done. 

If you're confused as to why I have been cherishing this iPod so much, well, the laptop that this iPod was connected to crashed and I basically lost all the music files. So all that's left is this iPod, and I couldn't be bothered to download them all over again. And besides, Limewire ceased to exist by that time (hah! Remember the good ol' Limewire days?) so there really was no point. That really bummd me out. No lie. Since then I've learned my lesson of backing up all my files onto an external hard drive and refusing to give up my little baby. 

There's nothing better than taking a little trip down memory lane by listening to the tunes I loved from my pre-teen days up until I turned 14 (I think that was when the whole laptop crashing fiasco happened). Oh, I can totally remember rocking out and singing at the top of my lungs in my room, pretending I was a famous singer. My gosh. And to think I still do that now, just you know, a little quieter since I've got roommates and all that. 

I just wanted to share a few of the songs I've been listening to that I seriously do not have on my current iPod (well, iPhone really, but what the heck). I'll be honest, some tunes I did end up re-downloading. So think of this as a little nostalgic, sentimental playlist of mine from my 14-year-old self, if you will:

- When You Look Me In the Eyes by The Jonas Brothers (oh my, I swear, this is still one of my favourite love songs of all time. True blue JoBros fan right here, and always will be)

- Apologize by OneRepublic ft. Timbaland

- Memory by Sugarcult
- With Me by Sum 41
- Rainy Day by Janel Parrish (before she became crazy Mona from Pretty Little Liars, haha!)
- Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae
fun fact - this apparently is my top, most played song on this iPod!
- When It Rains by Paramore
- Shake It by Metro Station
- Happy Birthday by The Click Five (admittedly I listened to this on my birthday a few days ago!)
- Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne
- You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift (naturally, the anthem of every single girl out there when this came out!!)
- Feels Like Tonight by Chris Daughtry
- Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback
- The whole Camp Rock Soundtrack (the first movie of course, where we first met Demi Lovato. My gosh, I loved this movie back then, and now I need to watch it again!)
- Get Back by Demi Lovato (let's be honest, anything from her first album Don't Forget is awesome)
- Why Not, Metamorphosis and So Yesterday by Hilary Duff 
- Rainbow by South Border (perhaps, in my opinion, the best Filipino band there ever was. Uber bummed they disbanded though, they were pretty kickass)
- anything by The Beatles (no joke, they are amazing!)

And my two, hands down, favourites right now: 
Let Me Fall by Alexz Johnson and...

 Pick Up the Pieces, also by Alexz Johnson!

Haha! Do you recognize any of these songs - well, I'm sure you've heard most of them. What are your favourite tunes from the last 10 years or so?

Happy discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment