A few days after Aeon Mall's grand opening on June 30, my parents and I decided to check it out once again after Mass to fully see what the place had to offer. You can check out my initial thoughts from a few days back when we first visited after Aeon's soft opening here.
I definitely wasn't disappointed.
And I swear, it felt like half of Phnom Penh's population was there that night! It was insane - no joke. It was already traffic getting there from Mass, and parking was a bit of a struggle. It took me ages to take decent photos as there were people everywhere, especially at the World Dining food court on the second floor, next to the department store.
One side of the food court is a designated Japanese cuisine area, so you've got a whole range of restaurants to pick from, such as Yoshinoya, Copin and Nicky Japan. The other side of the food court houses Korean restaurants, Vietnamese cuisine, desserts and such. Aeon Mall does also have tons of other restaurants scattered around the place, such as Pepper Lunch, Lobster Bay and the Pizza Company. They really do have something for everyone.
We tried out Nicky Japan, Fukuoka's Hamburg steak restaurant. I got the combo with the chicken teriyaki and (I think it was) a tuna burger (about $6). Tasted really great, especially with the sauce! I had no problem finishing off my greens with that sauce - I wonder what's in it? I'd definitely recommend you try it out if you're a fan of Japanese cuisine.
Both my parents went with the chicken teriyaki bento box. Two (err, well four really) thumbs up! According to my mom, the chicken teriyaki at Nicky Japan tasted much better than the one from Yoshinoya (they got a side order).
A few Japanese shops here and there...
The Penshoppe branch here also had a huge opening ceremony, with brand endorser Marco Maurier making a special appearance. Sadly, we didn't get to see him as we found out about it after the whole shindig went down. Oh well...
They do seem to have more restaurants and coffee shops than actual stores, based on my observations. It may just be that not everything has opened yet. But then again, the people here really do love their food, so it's understandable.
Also took a quick look at their cinema here, and I am definitely pleased. I mean, the entrance looks like a freaking hotel lobby! Such class. Definitely one of the more fancy ones I've seen. I'm so looking forward to catching a movie here before I leave.
On the other side of the cinema is the bowling alley, which was actually smaller than I had expected. But nonetheless, looks like a lot of fun! The guys playing seemed to be having the time of their life, I didn't want to intrude and start taking a few snaps.
Sorry for the lack of photos (hence the short post), but I was a bit overwhelmed and in a rush that it totally slipped my mind to take my camera out and take a few more shots. Oh well, guess you'll just have to check it out for yourself.
All in all, I'm definitely loving Aeon Mall! I admit, I was a tad bit apprehensive at first in my original post, but hey, I can change my mind! They've got so much to offer, and I'm sure anyone who visits will be pleased. Sure, it may look like every other large-scale shopping mall in the Philippines or the U.S. (price-wise, the products sold are also quite similar), but by Cambodian standards, it's so up there, I don't know how anything else will top it. Pop by if you've got the time!
Happy discovering!
One side of the food court is a designated Japanese cuisine area, so you've got a whole range of restaurants to pick from, such as Yoshinoya, Copin and Nicky Japan. The other side of the food court houses Korean restaurants, Vietnamese cuisine, desserts and such. Aeon Mall does also have tons of other restaurants scattered around the place, such as Pepper Lunch, Lobster Bay and the Pizza Company. They really do have something for everyone.
We tried out Nicky Japan, Fukuoka's Hamburg steak restaurant. I got the combo with the chicken teriyaki and (I think it was) a tuna burger (about $6). Tasted really great, especially with the sauce! I had no problem finishing off my greens with that sauce - I wonder what's in it? I'd definitely recommend you try it out if you're a fan of Japanese cuisine.
Both my parents went with the chicken teriyaki bento box. Two (err, well four really) thumbs up! According to my mom, the chicken teriyaki at Nicky Japan tasted much better than the one from Yoshinoya (they got a side order).
A few Japanese shops here and there...
The Penshoppe branch here also had a huge opening ceremony, with brand endorser Marco Maurier making a special appearance. Sadly, we didn't get to see him as we found out about it after the whole shindig went down. Oh well...
They do seem to have more restaurants and coffee shops than actual stores, based on my observations. It may just be that not everything has opened yet. But then again, the people here really do love their food, so it's understandable.
Also took a quick look at their cinema here, and I am definitely pleased. I mean, the entrance looks like a freaking hotel lobby! Such class. Definitely one of the more fancy ones I've seen. I'm so looking forward to catching a movie here before I leave.
On the other side of the cinema is the bowling alley, which was actually smaller than I had expected. But nonetheless, looks like a lot of fun! The guys playing seemed to be having the time of their life, I didn't want to intrude and start taking a few snaps.
Sorry for the lack of photos (hence the short post), but I was a bit overwhelmed and in a rush that it totally slipped my mind to take my camera out and take a few more shots. Oh well, guess you'll just have to check it out for yourself.
All in all, I'm definitely loving Aeon Mall! I admit, I was a tad bit apprehensive at first in my original post, but hey, I can change my mind! They've got so much to offer, and I'm sure anyone who visits will be pleased. Sure, it may look like every other large-scale shopping mall in the Philippines or the U.S. (price-wise, the products sold are also quite similar), but by Cambodian standards, it's so up there, I don't know how anything else will top it. Pop by if you've got the time!
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment