Saturday, 5 July 2014

The Closeout Factory Outlet, Phnom Penh

Aha, it's no secret that one of my favourite things to do is shop! Being a bit of a kikay, it's a weakness and I really need to get a grip. Don't take that the wrong way though - I don't go full out crazy! Well, at least not anymore...

I'm a sucker for good deals, which was why shopping in Ho Chi Minh City was my downfall - it was just so easy for me to find those can't-walk-away-from-them deals! If you've ever been to Saigon Square or Taka Plaza, or even Ben Thanh market, you'll know what I'm talking about.

So I give you, the Closeout Factory Outlet, a store not far from my parents' place here in Phnom Penh where you can no doubt, find amazing deals on clothes and accessories for pretty much everyone you know - your mom, dad, sister, best friend, frenemy, that dude you met at a party once, etc. - at incredibly reasonable prices. When I found out we lived not far from here, I admit, I squealed with glee. My parents might be regretting ever bringing me there.

Closeout Factory Outlet
No. 31, Street 315, Sangkat Boeung Kak1, Khan Toul Kok, Phnom Penh

It's a two story, air-conditioned store filled with brands such as Zara, Forever 21, Tommy Hilfiger, Marks & Spencers, Old Navy and Levi's. The people there are really friendly and are more than willing to help you out. All their stuff is fixed price, so no chance of haggling here. But I swear, a lot of the items are so damn affordable you may end up buying more than you had hoped. So, I warn you now, before coming here, make sure you've got space in your suitcase!

Unfortunately, you're not allowed to take any photos while inside the store, so I guess photos of some of the things I got (with the prices if I can remember them) can help you get a sense of what they have to offer at Closeout.
 Top row - Pull & Bear tee ($8.25), Choose Life crop top ($6)
Bottom - Forever 21 muscle tees ($5 each, I think)
I don't know why I chose to buy a number of dark coloured tees to wear in this Cambodian heat but I just couldn't resist! No regrets though, these babies are uber comfortable and lightweight. Justified? I think so.

 T-B: Pull & Bear shorts, Decree denim shorts ($9.50) and Old Navy sweat shorts (I pulled off the tag to give it a wash before wearing them!)

 Zara knit top ($15), Zara knitted scarf ($6) and Pull and Bear dress (Again, I'm sorry I can't remember the price)
Closeout does sell quite a lot of knitted and fall/winter items, so definitely check this place out for any good deals to add to your winter wardrobe. I definitely bought these for when I'm back in Canada!

Even though they may be 'out of season' and part of previous collections (I really wouldn't know), I really couldn't care less as these babies were a steal! Despite being quite the kikay, I'm not the kind who follows current trends as they happen - just as long as I'm comfortable in it and I think it looks great, I'm sold. Who cares if you're not with it?

My absolute favourite - this cute little Zara dress ($8?) my mom found! Just, urgh, look at it! How adorable and girly is it? I want to keep it, but heck, what would I do with it? Why are little kids' clothes so darn cute? If they had this in my size, I'd be all over it. No joke.

Just be sure to check the quality of the items first before you leave - some of them do have little tears and holes, so be wary. I would also advice anyone to give these a wash first before wearing them - quite a few people do try them out at the store, so you know... better to be safe than sorry.

For first timers, if you spend more than $100 on your visit, you can sign up to get a discount card, that entitles you to 10% off each item costing more than $3 on your following visits. Pretty neat, eh? This just may be your downfall. (It's slowly becoming mine...Help!)

If you're looking to do a little shopping here for high street items, I'd definitely suggest checking out the Closeout Factory Outlet before going to the actual stores - sure, the items may be a little out of season, but heck, no one will really know, right? Plus, the prices are great, so who cares?

Happy discovering!


No comments:

Post a Comment