Friday was declared as a public holiday here in Phnom Penh, as the ashes of the late King Sihanouk were paraded through the city as part of a three-day ceremony, before being enshrined in a stupa in the Royal Palace's Silver Pagoda the next day. Apparently King Sihanouk requested for his ashes to be placed in the Silver Pagoda, next to the stupa of his favourite daughter, Kantha Bopha, who died in 1952 at the age of 4 due to leukemia. According to news, a lot of people came to pay their respects - I wish I had gone to witness it.
So because of that, and many of the main roads being closed due to the parade, la familia and I decided to just catch Transformers: Age of Extinction at Legend Cinema and grab some lunch over at TK Avenue (which I talked about before here), which is really not that far from our place. Hence, my dad drove us there.
Family bonding time, commence!!
Family bonding time, commence!!
The Legend Cinema at TK Avenue is quite small, with only three cinemas, but it's definitely a nice place to catch a movie at! Movie tickets are at least $5 (it may be a different price for non-3D movies, I'm not exactly sure), which is definitely affordable! They've also got a whole load of promotions going on, so definitely check it out!
They've got a Chatime branch here, which thrilled me to no end!
Woop woop! Finally! Definitely didn't know what to expect from the fourth movie... pretty good, though it did leave my dad and I asking a few questions at the end.
My dad and I bought these awesome 3D glasses from Legend Cinema! These are legit, good-quality and exclusive to Legend Cinema, so I'd definitely recommend you grab one if you're in the country!
I actually picked up the Spiderman one ($4.75) when we watched X-Men: Days of Future Past on Father's Day last month, and they are pretty kick-ass. I've used it twice now, and I'm loving it. I can't help but feel pretty badass while I'm watching 3D movies at the cinema. Also, the 3D glasses they do lend to you for the movie at Legend Cinema made me dizzy when I tried it on for a few minutes, so having my own pair was a plus.
The Transformers 3D glasses ($8.75) were also available then, but my dad couldn't decide until now to get them. Doesn't it just look awesome? My mom was actually the one who tried them out when we caught Transformers, and she's sold.
Lunch Time!!!
Lunch Time!!!
My parents were both craving some ramen, so of course we headed over to ToTo Ramen!
This time round it wasn't as busy, so we were seated on the first floor - totally different decor to that on the second floor! Where the top floor's got a whole neutral colour scheme going on (well, to be more specific, ToTo Bar-BQ has the neutral colours), ToTo Ramen's got a refreshing blue and white theme going on.
Absolutely adore the floral design on those light fixtures!
Both my parents, of course, went for the beef ramen.
No surprise, I stuffed my face with sushi! I'm not sure which ones these are, as my parents did order ahead (they went ahead of me while I was in line at Chatime, which took quite some time) so by the time I got there and the sushi placed in front of me, I was just too hungry to ask what it specifically was.
My parents actually ordered two kinds of sushi - one with tempura shrimp and the other with crab. They both tasted awesome, though I did prefer the one with tempura shrimp more. If you're like me and aren't exactly a fan of ramen, definitely try out their sushi here!
Teehee, also here's a photo of my Chatime beverage - a large iced coffee milk tea with pearls ($3.10). It was my first time trying out Chatime, even though they do have several branches in the Philippines, and I was very pleased! If you love bubble tea, definitely give Chatime I go if you haven't already! The coffee I admit was a tad bit too strong for me, so I'm definitely waiting to try it out again - perhaps the 'original' milk tea with pearls next time?
Teehee, also here's a photo of my Chatime beverage - a large iced coffee milk tea with pearls ($3.10). It was my first time trying out Chatime, even though they do have several branches in the Philippines, and I was very pleased! If you love bubble tea, definitely give Chatime I go if you haven't already! The coffee I admit was a tad bit too strong for me, so I'm definitely waiting to try it out again - perhaps the 'original' milk tea with pearls next time?
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment