Alas, a month and a half later here in Phnom Penh, it was time for me to head back to the Philippines! Granted, I was psyched to be heading back, but I did feel a little sad knowing that I wouldn't be back in Phnom Penh for quite a while. It's definitely grown on me and taken me by surprise, and I will surely miss everything - the sights, the people, and of course, the food!
My parents and I actually got to the airport earlier than we had expected, so we chilled out for a while at the FCC branch there - you'll find it on the second floor after you check in and go through immigration. I was definitely happy to get a chance to try it out before leaving the city! (If you remember, I did mention wishing I had tried out the actual FCC place over by Sisowath Quay in a previous post)
Because we had just had breakfast before heading to the airport, we decided to get drinks to cool off from the heat (yes, it was HOT outside!). I got the mixed berry smoothie while my mom got the coconut banana smoothie. I sort of wished I had gotten what my mom had ordered instead, as the mixed berry smoothie wasn't as cold or sweet as I had expected. But that's just me. Oh well...
We actually had about a five hour layover in Singapore, and my my, you will not get bored over at the Changi Airport. We were at Terminal 2, and gosh, the things to do there are endless! My parents tried out the foot massage machines next to the boarding gates, and as much as I wanted to post a picture of it here, I don't want to embarrass them (hehe). If you've ever been, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Teehee, despite wanting to have a healthier diet, I couldn't resist heading over to McDonald's to try out their Shiok Shiok Beef Satay Burger (my dad tried out the chicken version). OH MY GOD, it is absolute heaven! My dad took a bite out of mine, and preferred the chicken one, while I sided with the beef satay. I believe that these are out for a limited time only, so do seize the chance to try them out!
Almost there!
By the time we reached Manila, it was almost midnight and darn rainy as Typhoon Glenda was on its way in a few hours ;( Our flight to Manila via Singapore Airlines was one of the last in to the Philippines, and apparently, the plane was damaged due to the typhoon. Thank God we had arrived safely at our hotel before Glenda graced us with its presence!
So, as it is, I've come to the end of my Phnom Penh adventure, and I will cherish every moment I spent there! I guess for me, the highlights of my stay are definitely visiting the Royal Palace and Sisowath Quay despite the heat, and trying out the local cuisine over at Mali's. Oh, and I can't forget Central Market. Or Paul's BrewHouse...
I do hope that my previous posts will help you plan out your trip to Phnom Penh, and I do hope that you have as much fun there as I did. I definitely can't wait until my next visit!
Until next time, Phnom Penh!
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment