Sunday, 27 July 2014

July Beauty (& Non-beauty) Faves

Time for another round of monthly favourites! In terms of beauty products, I haven't exactly used as much new items and instead, I rediscovered a few old loves from my stash.

Here's what I've definitely been reaching for this month - Olay's revitalizing eye serum (which was actually a new purchase cause I thought, heck I may as well start using eye creams), my Bobbi Brown gel liner in Sepia Ink and apply with my Eco Tools angled liner brush, Nars Daydream blush from the Guy Bourdin collection, my mini of Dior's Hypnotic Poison scent and my custom Urban Decay Quad that includes (l-r, t-b): Secret Service, Laced, Freelove and Toasted! As an everyday eye look I tend to put Laced all over the eyelid and put a smidge of both Toasted and Secret Service in my crease and outer-v. 

For lips? Definitely a pink/mauve appreciation month, as I have been reaching for my Happy Skin moisturizing lippie in 'The Morning After' and L'Oreal' Colour Riche in Rose Taffeta (174) as everyday 'my lips but better' colours. But of course, I do like to mix it up with my brights such as MAC's Toying Around (from the Playland Collection) and Pink Poodle (By Request, 2014).

My non-beauty faves!

Mhmm... my food favourite? These cheese cupcakes that my mom and I baked! Uber yummy (and I'm not being biased here, other people have said that these are good too) and I think I've baked these babies about three times now in the last month! Sorry diet, perhaps next month again?

 A new show I have been obsessing over is GMA's My Destiny starring Carla Abellana, Tom Rodriguez, Rhian Ramos & Sid Lucero. It's on every weeknights at around 9pm, and I have not missed one episode since it aired! Yes, I was in Phnom Penh for awhile, but that's what we have YouTube for right? It's this light-hearted romantic drama centering around Grace (Abellana) and Matthew (Rodriguez) who are destined to be together, however certain circumstances hinder them from having their happy ending, such as Grace's younger sister Joy (Ramos) who happens to be in love with Lucas, who, without her knowledge, happens to also be Matthew. It sounds quite cheesy and rather complicated, but I am really doing a bad job at explaining just how amazing this show is. I like how they don't over do the drama (you know, hysterics, tears, super pang-aapi to the main character, that sort of thing) and show that positivity is definitely needed to be able to get through the toughest of times.

And oh dear Lord, my heart! The chemistry between Carla and Tom is just... I'm speechless. I've loved them since My Husband's Lover, and I so wish that they were an item off-screen! Perhaps? Jokes!

So if you haven't guessed by now, I'm a huge Kapuso fan and another show I have definitely been loving is Marian! It's a "musical-variety" show hosted by primetime queen Marian Rivera every Saturday night at around 7pm and features Rivera rocking all sorts of dance genres and interviewing various guests. My God! She's amazing. It's a great breather from watching her on dramatic primetime shows, and she proves that there's more to her than meets the eye. Marian is another reason why I love, well, Marian Rivera, even more!
Saturday nights are Marian nights!
Edit: OMFG! Who was able to catch her special birthday segment! Holy...! I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't seen it yet (though I doubt that you haven't heard about it yet) but oh my! Kilig to the bones! My heart could not take it and I seriously teared up. No joke. 

My jam of the month will definitely have to be Demi Lovato's cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Give Me Love'. I am so in love with this cover, and even more in love with Demi Lovato. I've been a fan since her Camp Rock days, and am a true Lovatic, so don't judge. Her cover is full of emotion and you can see her raw talent in this, which makes it such a great listen. I've been listening to this cover everyday now, and I highly doubt I'll ever get sick of it. I can't help but sing along and feel quite happy every time it comes on my Ipod. If you haven't heard it yet (and love acoustic covers like this), do give it a listen!

How about you? What have been your favourite discoveries (or rediscoveries) this month?
Happy discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment