Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Rediscovering My Love for Sketching

So here's another quickie post to fill the blogging void in my head. Lately my mom's been tapping into her artistic talent and she began sketching again, and well, it's infectious. While she's been doing portraits of a few of our family members, I decided to take things slowly and ease myself back into the sketching mode - I can't exactly recall the last time I ever sat down and actually drew a piece! Was it... over five years ago?

Since hair and hands have always fascinated and challenged me as an amateur artist, I thought, heck, why not draw hair to compliment my kikay-ness? And here are the results - I sketched these two pieces based off those I found on Pinterest (a.k.a. looking at my laptop screen and desperately attempting to replicate amazing pieces, repeat, etc.), and I have to say, I'm quite happy with how these turned out! I know, I'm so rusty it's embarrassing and I definitely have a long way to go, but hey, it's just a matter of practice and a lot of patience, right?

Have you been discovering any new talents, or rediscovering any old, rusty skills to brush up on these days?

Either way,
Happy discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment