Our family friend who also lives here in Phnom Penh invited us to lunch over the weekend to catch up, and of course I was game! We tried out the Yi Sang Chinese Restaurant over at the Almond Hotel, just along Sothearos Blvd., per her suggestion.
Almond Hotel
#128F, Sothearos Blvd., Phnom Penh
Yi Sang Restaurant is on the ground floor, right by the main entrance - you won't miss it!
Mhmm, morning glory
Black chicken soup which tasted delicious!
The main highlight for me? The peking duck skin that you wrap up, with a few veggies and dip into a sauce. Gosh, I haven't had this in a long time so I was definitely savouring every moment of it.
After lunch, of course we didn't want to part ways yet so we headed over to Paul's BrewHouse, per our suggestion! I told you I'd be back here!
Having had the iced hazelnut latte before, I went for the iced Irish latte this time round - definitely a tad bit too strong for me, but nonetheless, pretty good. I wished the syrup they had was properly mixed into the drink though, as it was all in the bottom, and quite hard to stir with my measly straw.
My mom went for the glazed peanut donut (which I took a bite out of and it tasted awesome!)...
...while my dad tried out the chocolate donut with sprinkles (which of course, I also took a bite out of and can say that chocolate lovers will definitely want to try this one out).
Sadly, they were out of the coconut donuts which I absolutely loved from my first visit here! I took that as a sign though to try out something else, so I went for their plain donut with chocolate sprinkles. And it did not disappoint! Sure, not as tasty as the coconut donut, but really good nonetheless. I really like how the donuts here are so light and fluffy, and not too sweet.
So yep, right after this (well, after an hour or so really...) we headed over to the Closeout Factory Outlet which surprisingly our friend hadn't heard of yet!
How was your weekend?
How was your weekend?
Happy discovering!
No comments:
Post a Comment